General Membership Benefits
1. All Members may gain visibility by being listed on our web site under membership listings. Members may submit a twenty-five (25) word bio; and for Organizational Members, in addition to a twenty-five (25) word description of the organization, may also submit a logo.
2. All Members receive three MPN newsletters via email sent every four months every year.
3. All Members periodically receive notices and press releases of MPN activities and opportunities for play submissions, as well as information about members’ activities and opportunities in Montana in times between the publications of MPN’s newsletters.
4. All Members have the opportunity to network with each other at social events in various locations around the State of Montana, and at the annual Montana Playwrights Network Conference.
5. All Members have the opportunity to receive on-going professional development in playwriting workshops, special training and information sessions, and feedback from industry professionals to members’ works offered periodically throughout the year, and at the annual Montana Playwrights Network Conference. While many of these professional development activities will be free to members, some may require a modest fee to cover costs of a specific activity. Some of these activities are also available to the general public.
6. Attend the first Membership meeting on November 3, 2017; location to be announced!
Individual and Student
In addition to General Membership Benefits, Individual and Student Memberships include:
1. Members are eligible for participating in the members-only “Montana Monologues” project, which is an annual event that culminates in selected staged readings at the annual Montana Playwrights Network Conference.
2. Members are eligible for consideration in a book publication that features monologues written and/or performed at the annual conference via the “Montana Monologues” project. Monologues written by members, but not performed at the annual conference, may also be considered for the “Montana Monologues” book project. This book may be published every two years and available in bookstores around the State of Montana and the United States, and/or through the Network’s web site. (This book project’s frequency will depend upon the amount and overall quality of submissions gathered in a two year period, or available funds needed to support the publication.) Members retain ownership rights to their creative works, but featured writers are required to submit written permission for their works to be included in any MPN publication or anthology of members’ works. All proceeds from any publication are used to support the Network, and the annual conference.
3. Selected Members may be featured in a book publication that features short plays, one-acts, poetry, memoirs and essays. This book may be published every two years, or more frequently, depending upon Network resources. Members retain ownership rights to their creative works, but featured writers are required to submit written permission for their works to be included in any MPN publication or anthology of members’ works. All proceeds from any publication are used to support the Network, and the annual conference.
In addition to General Membership Benefits, Organizational Memberships include:
1. Our Member Organizations benefit from the Network by interacting with other like-minded organizations and institutions that create or produce new plays and creative works such as theatres, performing arts institutions, libraries, training centers and schools.
2. Member Organizations become part of a dynamic network among organizations and individuals interested in being a part of a connected series of presenting world premieres of new plays and stories in the State of Montana.
3. One individual from the Organizational Member's organization may participate in the "Montana Monologues Project" and "Book Project" outlined in the Individual/Student Membership Benefits description, # 2 and #3.